Approximately 1/3 of Americans over the age of 65 suffer one fall per year; two-thirds of those will fall again within 6 months. Falling may cause serious injury, such as broken bones and damage self-confidence.
The good news is that there are simple steps you can take to help prevent dangerous falls in your home.
1. Install safety devices such as grab bars in the bathroom.
2. Eliminate or reposition items that are potential hazards such as: throw rugs, floor clutter, and exposed electrical cords.
3. Recover or replace slippery floor surfaces with materials that provide good traction.
4. Always have a phone that's accessible from the floor in case you do fall and cannot get back on your feet.
5. If you have a companion pet, train it to stay away from your feet as you walk.
6. Remain physically active. Exercise will help improve and maintain muscle and bone strength.
Remember: One Slip . . . and you're out! Out of your home, out of your money, and out of your good health!
Safe-Ko Kitchens & Baths Has Been Proudly Creating Beautiful Kitchens and Bathrooms in Sweetwater County for over 36 years. Expert Design With the Professionalism and Quality You expect.
Call Us Today 307-362-9174
Visit Our Showroom. You will Be Amazed At The Selection Available In Colors, Woods and Design.
411 North Center Rock Springs, Wy